I’m sure everyone has come across the need of locating a PDS member, but not remembering exactly on which data set the member is. Well, there is a very simple way of doing this using ISPF option 3.4:
- On ISPF select option 3.4
- Enter the HLQ (High Level Qualifier) of the datasets you want to list to search for the member (ex: TSOUSR or COMP.DAILY)
- In the Command Line enter M member_name (ex: let’s suppose the member you want to locate is TESTMEM. In this case you would issue M TESTMEM)
- The system will go through all the data sets you’ve selected and try to locate the member name you’ve indicated.
- Once it locates the member, the system issues message “Member(s) Found” and at the Message area it will indicate the member name(ex: Member: TESTMEM)