- It’s a program management z/OS component that keeps in Virtual Storage Directory entries from Load module libraries, thereby speeding up the fetch of a Load module.
- LLA improves the performance of Load Module Directory searching on the system.
- LLA can be a user of VLF facilities to keep copies of Load modules in VLF data spaces.
- LLA manages Linklist libraries by default.
- Code CSVLLAxx Parmlib member to include, modify or remove libraries.
- Specify LLA with SUB=MSTR to prevent LLA from failing if JES2 fails.
- Because LLA manages Linklist libraries by default, we only need to determine which non-Linklist libraries LLA is to manage.
- If we don’t want LLA to manage particular Linklist libraries, we must explicitly remove such libraries from LLA management by using the CSVLLAxx Parmlib member.
- When used with VLF, LLA reduces the I/O required to fetch Load modules from DASD.
SUB=MSTR indicates that the MASTER Subsystem will be the subsystem that will process the task.