RACF (Resource Access Control Facility) helps to secure an organization’s Mainframe environment by providing:
– Flexible control of access to protected resources
– Protection of installation-defined resources
– Ability to store information for other products
– Choice of centralized or decentralized control of profiles
– An ISPF panel interface
– Transparency to end users
– Exits for installation-written routines.
A typical RACF protected system is organized in a certain manner. Users that need access to the same resources are gathered together and placed into groups. These groups are then given access to the data and resources needed by its members:
1. Several Users
2. Are placed into Groups
3. Which are given access to Resources.