Nothing is ever straight forward. This is a fact! Naturally, this also applies to when you want to delete a WordPress Theme.
The thing is it’s actually quite simple to remove a Theme from WordPress. The problem as always is that the option seems to be hidden from everyone.
Ok, no more talk. Let’s get to business. Here’s how you delete a WordPress Theme:
- In WordPress select option Appearance
- You then need to select option Themes
- Make sure the WordPress Theme you want to delete is not Active! If it is, then activate a different one by selecting the Activate option of the new Theme
- Hover over the WordPress Theme you wish to delete and select Theme Details
- You will now be seeing the Theme details page
- Select option Delete (right lower corner)
- Click OK to confirm
Congratulations! The WordPress Theme is now gone!