- Linklist is used to improve the performance of program management and mechanisms utilized to locate and fetch Load modules, such as LLA and VLF.
- Linklist is a group of system and a user-defined Load library that is a continuation of SYS1.LINKLIB and also indicates the search order the system uses for programs.
- Can have PDS and PDS/E libraries in its concatenation.
- The data sets are concatenated in the order in which they appear in the Linklist, and the system creates a Data Extent Block (DEB) describing the data sets concatenated to SYS1.LINKLIB and their extents.
- By default Linklist begins with:
- The linklist concatenation can be defined in PARMLIB members PROGxx or LNKLSTxx.